Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Crazy Long Weekend :)

On Wednesday Jordan and I drove down to St. George. It is a 6 hour drive and we didn't even leave Logan until 7, which means we didn't get to St. George until 1 o'clock in the morning. We switched off driving every few hours so neither one of us got too tired. We we got to my parents house we went straight to bed.

Thursday, we had to wake up fairly early so that we could get into town in time for me to get my nails done, and get to my doctor's appointment on time. After those two fun things were done we met my mom and grabbed some lunch at Wendy's :) Then, my mom went home and me and Jordan did some shopping and went to the dollar movie, Iron man 2. When the movie got over we headed back to my house for some yummy stir fry made by my daddy, and cheese cake purchased by emma. After our tummies were good and full we hit the sack.
Shopping Time

When Friday rolled around we were very exhausted, but we had to wake up early and help my dad move some horses up to the Danish Ranch. Our job was to blocked the horses from going the wrong direction, drive the truck and trailer up to the Danish Ranch, and take pictures all at the same time. We got the horses up to the ranch without a hitch, then loaded a few horses into the trailer and headed back down. We both loved it and had a wonderful time. After that we went back down to St. George to run a few last minute wedding errands, and meet my parents for lunch at the Burger Place (one of my favorite places to eat). Then, it was time to head home, so we packed up our things, loaded the car with wedding supplies, and away we went. We stopped at my grandma's house on the way to pick up some more stuff for the wedding, and grab some dinner. We didn't get back to Logan until midnight or so, but the trip was well worth it.
Waiting to Hurd horses

A view from behind

My dad the Cowboy

Getting the horses into the trailer

Watching the horses

Taking a nap after our long morning

My daddy :)

Lunch at The Burger Place

The next day was Saturday, which meant I had to work up at the Lodge. When I was done with work we loaded up our camping gear, jumped in the car and headed up Providence Canyon with our friends Corey and Tricia. When we got there we set up camp, started a fire, and did some shooting. When we were done shooting we made some hamburgers for dinner and chowed down...they were so yummy! Then we sat around the camp fire chatting and making s'mores. I love camping, especially with Jordan :)
Driving up the bumpy road to our camp site...my car almost didn't make it

Our sweet tent that Jordan sat up all by himself...what a man :)

We love shooting!

On Sunday we woke up, had some breakfast, packed up camp and headed back home. When we got home I had to change and head up to work, which was a bummer but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. After work I showered, and then Jordan I had went and hand delivered some of our wedding invitations. We went to Skyler and Rachels house, Corey and Tricia's house, and Johnny and Denise's house. It was so fun to be able to visit everyone, and to get to play with Raeyne and Bentley for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment