Tuesday, August 16, 2011

1 Year Anniversary


A few days ago Jordan and I celebrated our 1 Year Wedding Anniversary! We've decided that we'll switch off every other year of who is going to do the planning and this year was my turn. I knew that we couldn't do anything too fancy because of school, work, and trying to get ready for the baby but I still wanted Jordan to be surprised and do something special.
So, I decided that we would go down to Salt Lake for the night, but I wanted Jordan to be surprised so I had him wear a blindfold the whole way down. I even went the back way through Ogden so that he'd be really confused :)
When we got to the Salt Lake we checked into our hotel, The Radisson because that's one of Jordan's favorite hotels. Then when we were in the parking garage I let him take off the blindfold, he was so confused and thought we were in Park City lol! Then we went up to our room and I sat up everything all fancy while Jordan was in the bathroom. The "theme" was Our Love is Timeless so I made him an invitation and put it in his lunch box earlier that day. I also took our wedding scrapbook and wedding video so we could watch it that night. We also made a little time capsule with a love note to each other, an All about me quiz, a flip book of pictures of us, and a few other little things in it. We also played a matching game that I had made that had pictures of our adventures on one card and the details about what we were doing on the other card. (I got these ideas from http://www.thedatingdivas.com/tara/our-love-is-timeless/)
While in Salt Lake we went to Crown Burger, the Hogle Zoo, and Smith and Edwards :) The next day we decided to cut into our wedding cake that had been sitting in our freezer for a year. We did eat a little bit of it but it was quit frostbitten and didn't taste very good. But, we did keep up the tradition and that's what counts :) We had so much fun just relaxing and hanging out together! I can't wait till next year to see what Jordan's going to plan (he already told me I have to wear a blindfold no matter where we go lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment