Friday, October 7, 2011

Pregnancy Update

Yesterday, Thursday October 6, 2011, I had my first weekly doctors appointment. While there I took a urine test, a strep B culture, and was checked to see if I was dilated. Surprisingly I am dilated to 3cm! The doctor was a little shocked that I am that far considering that I haven't really been feeling any contractions. The doctor told me that she is head down and in good birthing position. She also said that the baby could be here in as little as 2 weeks! Even though I am 37 weeks along, which is technically considered full term, that is both scary and exciting all at the same time. I know we're ready for her but, it is going to be such a drastic change in our lives and is going to take some time to get used to. I think Jordan is more excited than I am because he wants her to be her today but, I think I can wait a lot longer than that.
I did order her first halloween costume, a little ladybug costume, because I just have a feeling that she's going to be here in time for halloween. But, like everyone says, she'll get here when she's good and ready.
I also was able to have a little baby shower luncheon with the wonderful ladies that I work with this week. We went to Olive Garden for lunch and I got some fabulous gifts such as a bumbo and tray, purple crochet blanket, birp cloths and a car seat canopy. I am so grateful for all they do for me, and I am really going to miss all of them when the baby comes and I become a full time mommy.

According to thebump.com I am full-term (yay!) baby is gaining about 1/2 ounce a day and getting her first sticky poop (called meconium) ready. She's also brushing up on skills for the outside world: blinking, sucking, inhaling, exhaling, and gripping (it's getting strong!).



No comments:

Post a Comment