Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Hopefully the last Pregnancy Update

Yesterday, October 18, 2011, I had another doctor's appointment. I had it on Tuesday because my doctor is going out of town from Wednesday until Sunday. When I got checked she said that I am 4 cm dilated and 70% effaced and still at a -1. I was kind of bummed because I was hoping that I was farther along than that so, when she asked if I wanted my membranes stripped I said yes! That was probably the most painful thing that I've experienced during this whole pregnancy. She told me to watch for contractions and if they were happening consistently, or felt different than what I had already been feeling then I should go to the hospital. So, I went home feeling a little uncomfortable but very hopeful that this would help move things along.
Then, at about 6:30pm I started feeling some contractions but they weren't very consistent so I didn't really think anything of it. I had to go to a play for class at 7:30 so I went to that, and during the first half, 7:30-8:30, I marked dots on my hand for every contraction that I had. By 8:30 I had 13 dots on my hand. So, when Jordan came to pick me up I told him that I wanted to go home and shower and see what happens. During my shower and while I was getting ready I was still feeling contractions so we packed up the car and headed to wal-mart to walk around for a while and see what happened. We took about 3 laps around wal-mart and they continued so we headed over to the hospital.
We checked into the hospital at 10:00pm. I told them what I had been experiencing and so they had me change into the hospital rob, have my blood pressure checked (which was high), and started to monitor my contractions and the babies heart rate. I had my cervix checked and was at 4 cm dilated and 90% effaced which was good. The nurse told me to walk around for an hour and if I had dilated 1 cm in that hour I could stay otherwise they wanted me to go home and see what happened from there. Needless to say my cervix didn't dilate enough so they had me stick around for a while longer to make sure everything was still ok before they sent us home. My blood pressure was still elevated but by 12:00pm they sent us home, and told us to come back when the contractions got closer together (2-3minutes apart), and strong enough that I wasn't able to talk through them. So we left, went home, and went straight to bed.
Trying to sleep last night was an absolute joke, I kept tossing and turning but every way I laid I felt a pain or contraction. Finally I did get to sleep but it felt like right as I went to sleep my alarm went off to get up and make Jordan's lunch. When I woke up I think I had lost my mucus plug and so hopefully baby will be here within the next couple of days!
We already have a poll going on when people think she will arrive. The guesses range anywhere from the 20th (Judy) to the 25th (my mom) so we'll see when she wants to make her grand entrance :)

No comments:

Post a Comment