Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Birth Story

Kinzlie Rae Allen

Tuesday October 25, 2011


7 pounds 9 ounces


19 inches long







Baby's First Bath














Snoozin' With Momma






It all started on Tuesday October 25, 2011 around 3:00pm. I was at work and had a feeling like I might have broke my water but I didn't know for sure. I looked online to see if that is what really happened, and it looked like that's what had happened. I still wasn't convinced so, I called my mom and she told me to call the doctor.

At 4:00pm I was finished with work so I walked to the bus, and called the doctor as I waited for the bus. The oncall nurse at my doctor's office said the best way to know if your water has broken or not is to go home, put on nothing but a rob and see if you are "dripping." So, that's what I did, and sure enough I was "dripping." After I knew for sure that my water had broken I called my mom to let her know that this could be the night the baby would be born. I also called Jordan to let him know that my water had broken and that we would be going to the hospital as soon as he got home from work.

When Jordan got home, at around 5:30pm, he took a quick shower, loaded up the car and headed to the hospital. We arrived at the hospital at around 6:00pm, I had been feeling contractions since about 5:30pm so I was in quite a bit of pain at this point. The nurses took me to my room and had me change but after that we didn't see a nurse for about 45 minutes. I was having very strong contractions this entire time and really couldn't take the pain anymore so, I called the nurse to see if I could get some medication for the pain. She gave me some fentanyl and that didn't help much. After that she asked me if I wanted the epidural now because the anesthesiologist was going to a c-section and if I didn't get it now it could be 2 or 3 hours until he was able to come give it to me. So, I broke down and got the epidural and after that I felt 100 times better.

After I got the epidural everything seemed to go so fast! I had a doctor come in to break and drain the rest of my bag of water but, when he checked me he noticed that my water was completely broke and drained and that I was already dialated to a 10. The nurse then came in and told me that in an hour I could begin pushing, and when the babies head was in the right position she would call my doctor.


Well, the hour came, went and it was time to start pushing at around 9:30pm. I pushed for about an hour and twenty minutes when the nurse told me to stop pushing until my doctor arrived. Dr. Blackette walked into our room at 10:53pm, got her scrubs on, and sat down to catch the baby. I gave her one good push and Kinzlie was here (at 10:57pm). She was then cleaned up, tested, given her shots, and put into my arms. Ever since that moment I have been in love with my sweet baby girl.



Our first visitors at the hospital were Johnny and Denise (Jordan's dad and step-mom), then a few hours later my dad and little brother showed up :) The next day (Wednesday 10/26/2011) Kirsten (Jordan's lil sis), my mom and emma, Trissa and Spencer (Jordan's mom and step-dad), and Glade and Brenda (Jordan's Grandparents) all came to visit us. The next day (Thursday 10/27/2011) Dava and Dixon (Jordan's Cousin and his wife) came to visit and brought us a cute little blanket.


On Thursday October 27, 2011 at 10:00pm we got discharged from the hospital. We were so excited to finally get to take our precious little angle home with us. Jordan and I were so worried about driving with her that we took all the back roads home and drove very slow and careful. That was the first day of the rest of our lives and we honestly couldn't be any happier with out little bundle of Joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment