Wednesday, June 8, 2011

It's A...

GIRL!!

We went to the doctor's office yesterday to have my monthly pregnancy checkup and to find out the sex of our little Honeysuckle. We were both so excited to find out that she was a she! We got to have a 3D ultrasound which was amazing. After the ultrasound they gave us some pictures, and a recorded copy of the ultrasound so we can watch it whenever we want!


After the doctors appointment we went on a little shopping spree for cute baby girl stuff. We bought a few outfits, John Deere cowgirl boots, a snug wrap, and a blanket. I can't wait to start decorating the nursery and to start making fun little projects for her :)




I am now 19 weeks along, almost half way, and I am feeling great! I'm not sick anymore, I don't feel swollen, and I'm not in too much pain...life it good :)


My baby is now the size of a mango!! Vernix caseosa, a greasy white substance made of lanugo, oil, and dead skin cells (yum) now coats baby's skin, shielding it from the amniotic fluid. (Picture yourself after a nine-month bath, and the need for protection makes sense.) You might get to see the vernix at birth, especially if baby is premature.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats you guys!! Love the blog.. so excited for you and will be following this along! Love those boots, way too cute!! xoxoxoxox Momma Vegas

    ReplyDelete