Monday, July 19, 2010

Lamb Day Weekend

So on Friday Jordan and I drove down to Nephi and met my family at the Ute Stampede Rodeo. It was a huge arena, and had a lot of people there. We got there a little late and were only able to see the motorcycle tricks, barrel racing, and the bull riding. But, of what we saw it was great. Then we went and walked around the carnival and did some people watching (that's the best :). We then grabbed a drink and headed on over to Fountain Green.


Bull riding...the best part of any rodeo :)

The next day was LAMB DAY!! We woke up, got ready, and walked down to the parade. We watched all the beautiful floats go by, and helped all of my little cousins catch candy. I thought the funniest parade entry was a horse drawn tractor...hahaha two horse power.




My cute cousin Maycee waiting for more candy to be thrown


Allie, Paige, and Maycee sharing their candy


My cute cousin Paige :)

Then, we headed back to my grandma's house for some lunch. We had some yummy lamb sandwiches, salads, chips, fruits and veggies, and a lot of other delicious foods. When we were all good and full we laid down for a nice relaxing nap. My grandma's house was quiet...for a little while at least.


My little sister Emma, and my cousin Kacylia


Me and Jordan

After we were all rested we headed up to the park for more Lamb day festivities. We looked at all of the craft booths, toured the sheep trailers, watched some of the ball games, visited with family, and just enjoyed the beautiful sun light. Later that night we watched my family play in the softball games. We were on the winning team, but we sure played hard. Then we watched the fireworks on the ball diamond, and Lamb Day was over.


My little sister Emma, and my cousin Brylee :)


Me and Paige


Me and Emma at the Burger Bar

The next day was Sunday, so we packed up all of our things and headed for Logan. Now that's what you call a great weekend :)


My mom getting things ready to head home...pic taken by my dad (what a character :)

1 comment:

  1. Man i love Lamb Days! i think if our family were all put on the same team we would kick some lamb day butt. Love ya Kanz

    ReplyDelete