Friday, December 13, 2013

Boston's Birth Story


Yesterday I went to my regularly scheduled doctors appointment at 2:45pm. The doctor, Ann Blackette, checked me and stripped my membranes. She said I was at 5 cm and 70%. She told me that she was surprised that I hadn't had the baby yet and that stripping my membranes should move things along. 
Well that's just what happened! At about 5pm Jordan got home from work and began telling me all about his day. I was having contractions during this time but not enough to time them. Then at about 6pm I decided I better start tracking them because they were getting more frequent. While I was waiting I was up doing dishes and getting things ready invade this was the real deal. After about 30 minutes of consistent contractions about 3-5 minutes apart I decided it was time to go to the hospital. So, we loaded up Kinzlie, took her to Johnny and Denise's house, and made our way to the hospital :)
We checked into the hospital at around 7:15pm. I was admitted and given a bed and then checked, I was at 6cm! I was then given my epidural and told that I was going to have a baby that night! After I got my epidural things seemed to move right along:) Trissa got to the hospital around 10pm so that she could take pictures, and she got there right on time!  At around 10:25pm the nurse called my doctor and they got everything set up for little mans arrival. I began pushing at about 10:30pm and after 3 or so pushes he was here! 
He was 7lbs 6oz and 20inches long. His birthday is Thursday December 12, 2013 at 10:38pm :) He has a little bit of blonde hair and blue-ish eyes. And, from what I can tell he has this Daddy's chin and nose. 
Somehow I knew he would be born on the 12th because at my baby shower 2 weeks ago that is the day I guessed. Also, I have been up cleaning, organizing, and moving furniture around all day trying to prepare for his birth:) I feel sort of silly know though because earlier today I was stressing out about whether or not to get induced on the 19th but I turns out that Boston was as ready to meet me as I was to meet him :)
Jordan and I both love and adore him so much already and I know that when Kinzlie get here she will love him too! 
We are having our photographer come on the 13th around 10am to get pictures of Kinzlies first time meeting her little brother, and some family shots as well. I couldn't be happier with my handsome little man! 


No comments:

Post a Comment