Friday, March 25, 2011
Making a Marriage Work
My friend posted this article on her blog here (http://tenacioustaylors.blogspot.com/) and I thought it was a very good article full of little reminders on how to make a marriage work. The actual article is kind of long but I've highlighted the top 10 Keys. If you'd like to read the whole thing here is the link:
1. We must bring the Savior and his teachings into our homes and hearts.
2. Do not feel that disagreements in your marriage indicate that it cannot succeed.
3. Never make your mate the object of jokes either in private or in public.
4. Do not smother each other with excessive restrictions.
5. Compliment each other sincerely and often.
6. Never resort to the silent treatment.
7. Say, “I’m sorry,” and really mean it.
8. Never turn to a third party in time of trouble.
9. Retain the joy in your marriage.
10. Pray often.