Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Our Engagement Story


On April 17 Jordan and I went to dinner at a Chinese restaurant here in Logan. We had a yummy chinese dinner then we each picked out fortunes. Mine said, "Your dearest wish will come true." I thought that was really cute then I put it down on the table and we left the restaurant.
The next day Jordan asked me if I wanted to go up to his mom's house in Preston, ID to have some Sunday dinner and then go on a quad ride with his brother and his cousin. So I of coarse said yes and we headed up later that afternoon. When we got to his mom's house we had a wonderful turkey dinner and then left for his grandpa's house to get the quads and go for a ride.
When we got there we all jumped on the quads and took off.
We were all riding along when all of the sudden the quad that Jordan and I were on started slowing down. I asked Jordan what was wrong with it and he said not to worry about it. Then he pulled over to a little patch of trees on top of the mountain over looking the valley. He then shut down the quad, jumped off and began walking around. By this point I just thought he had to go to the bathroom or something.
After he had walked around for a minute and found the perfect spot he asked me to go stand by him. I jumped off the quad and did as I was told. He then asked me if I could remember what my fortune had said last night. I told him and I didn't. Then he got down on one knee and told me he wanted to make my dearest wish come true. He then pulled out a little black box, opened it and asked me to marry him. Inside the box was my beautiful ring and the fortune from our dinner the night before. I, of coarse, said yes, jumped up and down, and gave him a big ol' kiss. He then placed the ring on my finger, and we got back on the quad to catch up with the rest of the gang.
We both wanted our moms to be the first to know the good news, so we pretended like nothing happened the whole way back to Jordan's mom's house. That was definitely the hardest part because we couldn't stop smiling. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment